When you think of vein disease, does a Carly Simon song get stuck in your head? Unless you’re suffering from venous insufficiency, you might think that song is about you. Alright, that was a joke, but when it comes to vein disease, it’s really no joking matter. You could be living with chronic venous insufficiency and not even know it.
Venous Insufficiency Facts, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is venous insufficiency?
The venous system is the highway of the body, holding and transporting about 80 percent of the total blood volume. Your veins are made of valves. When one of those valves gets damaged, chronic venous insufficiency occurs. These are some of the chronic venous insufficiency stages that occur when these important pieces malfunction:
- Blood flows the opposite direction of where it should and pools in the lower part of the body
- Elongated, dilated, and varicose veins begin to form after increased pressure occurs
- Blood flow back to the heart becomes harder as these veins start to go out
What are the symptoms of venous insufficiency?
When you Google venous insufficiency, you’ll run into some rather extreme chronic venous insufficiency pictures. What you see online will often be the worst of the worst cases. Symptoms for venous insufficiency might be small, and you may not pay any attention to them at first. If you experienced any of the following symptoms, you could be suffering from venous insufficiency in silence:
- Pulsating, aching, itchy, weak legs
- Leg or ankle swelling
- Standing leg pain that is only relieved by raising your legs
- Thickening of skin on legs or ankles
- Color changes in skin
- Leg ulcers
- Varicose veins
What are some chronic venous insufficiency treatment guidelines?
Venefit endovenous targeted therapy is a non-surgical, minimally invasive venous insufficiency treatment. For those dealing with venous insufficiency, Venefit offers several promising benefits like:
- Minimally invasive, subtracting the need for general anesthesia
- Less postoperative pain which allows patients to return to daily activities quicker
- Cosmetic appeal by leaving little to zero scarring
Get Treated at Las Vegas Vein Center
If you’re concerned about any of the above symptoms and you think you may be suffering from venous insufficiency, call us today at 702-852-2020 and get your vein screening.